Saturday, February 16, 2019

Mom & Co.: A web-series that will make you love your mom even more.

I don't usually invest time in web-series, despite the hype surrounding them - it's just takes too much time to eventually find any redemption, and I got to know there are times when even that doesn't happen.

Disclaimer: As my wife Rani has cast for Mom & Co., you can conveniently say that I am biased to say good things about it, and I wouldn't hold it against you.

I think that the deepest bonds we make as humans is the one we have with our moms - I call my mom, 'Chintu'  - as she is cute as hell and 4 feet something in height.

Back in the day I used to spell my name as Kiran Rao - when my mom saw the Dhobi Ghaat poster, she thought my first film has released; these days I spell my first name as K E Y R U N.  My beginning of my mom story wasn't too happy, but in the last ten years, my Chintu has become my best friend, who I can talk about anything to, without batting an eyelid. I also think that the deepest, strongest and unshakable memories we have as humans, is mom's food.

My connecting point with director Ashish Ranglani's web-series, 'Mom & Co.' is the mom-son & food-dynamic and I was sold when I first saw the trailer. I am just two episodes into the series, and Neliimaji making a comeback after so many years is still the seasoned performer that she has always been remembered for.   

Sample the trailer here: 



A wise friend told us, there's no point in a wife trying to compete with her husband's mother's cooking - because it is about childhood memories that will almost always tilt the weight on the mom's side. Manoshi, stop grinning. Please watch this beautiful web-series and share your feelings in the comments' section.

Watch the first episode here:



Love you mom, my Chintu. Please be my best friend forever.

P.S.: Looking forward to the next episodes, hugs to the writers, Shyni Shetty & Aarsh Vora - you make the writers' tribe proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment